Fish is a type of meat that should be increasingly present in anyone's meal. According to the World Health Organization, fish consumption should be done at least twice a week to help maintain quality of life and prevent cardiovascular disease.
Look for a
attention to the characteristics of the fish
· The meat of the fish (if you choose to buy filets) must be very firm and elastic;
· Whole fish should have bulging, bright eyes;
· The fish scales must always be well adhered to the skin;
· The gills are always reddish, with shades of pink or dark wine;
· The fish odor should be characteristic, yet mild, without being unpleasant.
· Fish sold chilled: must be kept at a temperature of no more than 3°C or as specified by the manufacturer;
· Frozen marketed fish: must be kept at a maximum temperature of -12°C or as specified by the manufacturer.
careful when storing at home.
Fish at Alif